1.3K views
2.0

I used to like Wheat Thins so much that I would eat a whole box in one sitting. I had to stop buying them they were so tasty.

So, the other day I'd thought I treat myself and I bought my first box a few years. What the Heck happened? These are marked as Original Wheat Thins but I don't believe it. These taste more like salted cardboard than the Wheat Thins I remember.

Boo Nabisco. Somehow you've ruined them. Reading the ingredients they look like they should be OK. I ate about 30 crackers and gave the rest to a neighbor.

Even loading them up with cheese couldn't save them. Some bean counter probably found a way to save money and now they're ruined.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nabisco Original Wheat Thins Crackers.

Reason of review: they don't taste good anymore.

Preferred solution: I don't want anything other than to tell you Wheat Thins now taste lousy..

I didn't like: Wheat thins taste like cardboard now.

Comments

I thought I was the only one who noticed till my boyfriend tried some and said yeah they taste weird. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

We rarely get them anymore.

Both the taste and texture are weird. It's unpleasant compared to what they used to taste like.

AGREE Wheat Thins were good. Now they taste lousy.

I have to agree that the Wheat Thins I've known and loved for years have become a bland, tasteless piece of lightly salted cardboard. What happened?

and, more importantly, WHY? You had a great product and now it tastes terrible. With all of the choices in snacks on the grocer's shelf, it's easy to replace your tasteless crackers. Too bad.

I've loved Wheat Thins for many years and was a loyal consumer. Note the operative term, "was".

They definitely taste weird and not good. Last box I will buy

I wish someone from Nabisco would read these comments and do something about it! The "new" Wheat Thins are the worst thing since ...

well, I'll have to come back to this as I cannot think of a product with such a radical horrible change. You have turned my absolute favorite crackers into a ugly, pale, under cooked, heavy (greasy), thick, stale-tasting cracker that my dog will not even eat. Seriously!

Please fire the person in charge who authorized the change and give us our "Original" Wheat Thins back!!!! Sincerely, You Lost a Customer

I agree this box I bought of wheat thins is crap! What happen to the taste?

These are hard and not thin. I will never buy another box.

I have to agree. They are not as crispy and the flavor has changed.

They used to be my favorite cracker. Another ruined product.

I totally agree!!! This comment is exactly what I was just thinking and saying to my children!!!

I thought it was just my taste buds, but my children said the same thing! They also look different! I don’t remember Wheat Thins all being perfectly square and with little indentations. Cheez It’s are all square!

Wheat Thins always had such a unique taste, too! I stopped buying them because of the wheat flour, but we were all craving them so I splurged on a huge box from Costco. What a disappointment!!!

What a waste of money!! Shame on Nabisco for not being transparent about the changes in taste, texture and look!

I’d eat two or three Family Size boxes a WEEK. But the last four boxes have been different.

They are thicker, less salty, many are in odd shapes and double thick. Even the package closures seem different. I have purchased at different stores and even different states and still the same.

I have 2.5 boxes left. Think I’ll be done with this product after that.

to Anonymous #1576558

They're so thick!! It's so strange. Such a waste of money.

I eat the hint of salt wheat thins. In the past month they have been stale, with the exception of one box.

I purchased two boxes yesterday and both were bad. There were several "double" crackers in one of the boxes -by double I mean two crackers fused together such that the thickness was doubled.

Wheat thins are now off of my list. Finncrisps are worth the price.

I agree with all the comments. Wheat Thins are far from the same.

I used to live off the multigrain variety but the last several boxes I bought taste completely different and awful, it’s like they are covered with a different salt and literally COVERED in it, almost takes your breath away- at first I thought I just got an unlucky box but it’s been months now ! I hope they bring the old ones back! I don’t know if I want to risk testing another box until I know they did !

I just bought a box of "original" Wheat Thins, and they sure don't taste like the originals at all. Ugh!

They are dry and unpleasant. I won't be buying these again.

I think the taste changed the day they removed partially hydrogenated vegetable shortening and switched to canola oil.Face it, while not as healthy, shortening tastes better in baked goods.

to Gr8pimpin #1551941

Oh crap. That means we should get used to these

I have to agree - Wheat Thins taste really bad now. I'm even trying to make them tastier with Merkts cheese spread. Sadly, the crackers taste like paper regardless!

I also just bought a box for the first time in a while. I remember the crackers being a little thinner around the edges, and baked just enough to be slightly browned and toasty. The crackers in the new box don't look thinner around the edges are are one flat color -- no signs of even the slightest browning -- and they taste like undercooked dough.

to Anonymous #1464357

right, just pale sad looking square things. Blech!

to Anonymous #1530681

Mine sre the same way, almost have an undercooked color to them. They are horrible.