2.0

I used to like Wheat Thins so much that I would eat a whole box in one sitting. I had to stop buying them they were so tasty.

So, the other day I'd thought I treat myself and I bought my first box a few years. What the Heck happened? These are marked as Original Wheat Thins but I don't believe it. These taste more like salted cardboard than the Wheat Thins I remember.

Boo Nabisco. Somehow you've ruined them. Reading the ingredients they look like they should be OK. I ate about 30 crackers and gave the rest to a neighbor.

Even loading them up with cheese couldn't save them. Some bean counter probably found a way to save money and now they're ruined.

Review about: Nabisco Original Wheat Thins Crackers.

Reason of review: they don't taste good anymore.

Preferred solution: I don't want anything other than to tell you Wheat Thins now taste lousy..

I didn't like: Wheat thins taste like cardboard now.

Comments

I agree with all the comments. Wheat Thins are far from the same.

I used to live off the multigrain variety but the last several boxes I bought taste completely different and awful, it’s like they are covered with a different salt and literally COVERED in it, almost takes your breath away- at first I thought I just got an unlucky box but it’s been months now ! I hope they bring the old ones back! I don’t know if I want to risk testing another box until I know they did !

I just bought a box of "original" Wheat Thins, and they sure don't taste like the originals at all. Ugh!

They are dry and unpleasant. I won't be buying these again.

I think the taste changed the day they removed partially hydrogenated vegetable shortening and switched to canola oil.Face it, while not as healthy, shortening tastes better in baked goods.

I have to agree - Wheat Thins taste really bad now. I'm even trying to make them tastier with Merkts cheese spread. Sadly, the crackers taste like paper regardless!

I also just bought a box for the first time in a while. I remember the crackers being a little thinner around the edges, and baked just enough to be slightly browned and toasty. The crackers in the new box don't look thinner around the edges are are one flat color -- no signs of even the slightest browning -- and they taste like undercooked dough.

to Anonymous #1464357

right, just pale sad looking square things. Blech!

Yep. They're really bad now: Pale, stale and lackluster. Why fix what isn't broken, NABISCO?

Agree. Wheat thins have gone downhill.

Even the random box that still tastes ok has tons of weird, double thick or crumpled up or rolled up ones.

Their QC seems to have fallen asleep. If you live where there's a trader Joe's they have a decent wheat cracker that tastes the way wheat thins once did.

I agree! I used to love Wheat Thins and would snack on them every night until the box was gone.

The last couple of boxes have been awful. Same with the honey maid graham crackers. Something so wonderful is no more. The wheat thins are plain and seem like cardboard.

The graham crackers are bland.

The boxes are no longer full (less product in the boxes) and they leave a weird taste in my mouth. Thanks Nabisco for ruining a good thing.