1.4K views

My wife and I use to love eating Social tea cookies as we grew up. We still ate them but eventually stopped due to the high cost . I don/t remember how long ago that was though. Last week my wife bought a box of them. When we ate several of the cookies they didn/t taste the same as we remembered them. They looked different and tasted different than what we remembered. They were harder and crunchier also. We always purchased Nabisco products as they are a local company in Fairlawn, NJ. After this disappointment I/m not sure if we will purchase any Nabisco products. I just wanted to let you know how we feel.

Sincerely Frank J Maneri

9 Sabo Court

Elmwood Park, N.J. 07407 NJDEERMAN@optimum.net

Review about: Nabisco Cookies.

Comments

Sadly, I share your experience. I moved to California and you cannot even find these crackers out here.

But last time I had them I also noticed that the recipe I used to love has been changed.

It is not a good quality product any longer. Shame on Nabisco for ruining what was once truly a comfort food.

I noticed the same change in taste the last time I found Social Tea cookies here in Puerto Rico; by the way, they can look be found in Puerto Rico.

Well, after reading these comments, l won't be buying Social tea biscuits anymore. And darn, l really wanted some cause there's nothing on the market that tastes just so vanilla and buttery.

Man they were my favorites. Couldn't find them for years. Found a box three years ago at a Grocery Outlet and they were good.

Went back for more-all gone. Well Maria's are good with tea but their not Nabisco's.

I have been trying to buy social tea biscuits for my dad and can't find them anywhere.says they are sold in Walmart but none around here do and you can't order them online from Walmart as in store purchase only. I could pay 65$ on amazon but I don't want that many !!

So frustrating !! Someone help !!

I bought a box social tea cookies recently and they were nothing like the ones from years ago. They are terrible - hard and tasteless! There will be no fond memories from the next generation!

Agreed!!! They are terrible now! It's so disappointing, they used to be my favorite!

I bought social tea biscuits after a long time. The are awful now!

The quality is diminished and the cost is increased! I won't buy them again. Too many good alternatives to choose.

It's sad how down hill these Nabisco products have gone by being cheapened! You only lose customers with that mentality.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1276972

I also grew up on these. I recently purchased them after not seeing them for years.

What a big disappointment. Why would they change the recipe?

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1276970

I agree. I also am disapointed after just purchasing them.

I haven't seen them for years. Why would they change the recipe?

Asheboro, North Carolina, United States #1199737

I also grew up with these perfect not too sweet cookies. Raised my children with them.

We retired to North Carolina and can't find them. Thank goodness for Amazon!

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1274333

I LOVED Social Tea Biscuits when I was growing up. I bought a box recently and they just taste like cardboard.

I wonder why Nabisco changed the recipe. Has anyone found a cookie that tastes like the OLD Social Teas?

to Anonymous #1377614

I thought it was just me. Picked up a box the other day and it was like eating hard tack, these were one of my favorite cookies growing up.

Plainsboro, New Jersey, United States #1178311

I agree with you & your wife 100%! I used to eat them in a bowl & pour warm milk on them.

I found them and got so excited because I haven't had them in years! I was so disappointed when I ate them & that they now lack the flavor they had before & actually now taste like cardboard.

I agree, they do not taste the same, are hard and less "buttery". Why mess with a proven product? Cost I would imagine.Shame on Nabisco!

Same exact experience grew up eating them my favorite cookie. Start do to 5 to 6.00 a box been yrs since bought.pick up a box other day actually 2 since they were half off.

Was so excited sat down to relieve past enjoyment and WOW was in ever so disappointed. Absolutely no taste at all and no texture what soever.wont be buying again.to bad and shame things have to change

to Anonymous #1438845

Just like everything else they aren’t the same! Even the Lorna dunes!They tasted horrible.

Not buttery tasting.

And for the price they charge you think they’d be good!Seeing the boxes are so comforting. You get so excited and then take a bite:(

Greenfield, Ohio, United States #1021897

I totally agree with Frank & his wife.

I thought I was treating myself to a box of Social Tea cookies. I say treating because yes they are expensive & cookies are a treat.

I was actually shocked let alone dismayed.

Different look, overly crunchy and worst flavor changed.

Nabisco has a lot of nerve to keep the name yet change so much of this cookie.

I grew up with these cookies & my Nana used to make an extra special treat with them. It is so discouraging that so many companies lack integrity.

to caweliza Towson, Maryland, United States #1110925

It's ashame, quality isn't there any longer. Nabisco has diminished as a company and does not care about its long term customers.

Go ahead and move to Mexico. Sell your crappy products there.

to Jerry #1430423

Just picked up a box after not having them for years. Loved dunking them into hot tea.

WHAT CRAP NOW!

Hard, thinner, tasteless, and terrible to dunk

What a shame....

to Chris #1563392

The recipe has changed because the company can no longer use trans fats. Google trans fat.