2.1K views

My husband spent 17 hours of this July 4th weekend in the hospital.The doctor said it was "food poisoning" which caused him to have cramps, nausea, vomiting, bloating and confusion.

My husband was in tremendous pain from the stomach cramps - even the policeman that pulled me over at 3:30a.m. for speeding told me to get him to the hospital quick (and didn't give me a ticket). After reviewing the food my husband ate in the previous 2-36 hours and the other family members did not, we determined that it was the Nabisco Original Premium Saltine Crackers (UPC#44000-00057). Upon pulling the box from the cabinet, I noticed right away that it smelled very horrible - like when oil goes bad and the chemicals start breaking down.

The doctor did advise us to call the FDA this week and report the food poisoning; he believes the product should be pulled from the shelves.My husband was seriously ill.

Review about: Nabisco Crackers.

Had an Experience with Nabisco?

Comments

Parker, Colorado, United States #1243485

We have a box of the same upc #. They smell chemical!

Just bought some Nabisco Premium saltines, the crackers tarred like fabric softener!!!The outside of the store smelled like fabric softener as well!

I guess it makes sense because they are soda crackers, and baking soda absorbs scents.Extremely gross.

Wadsworth, Ohio, United States #710907

I sincerely hope your husband has recovered.Today I opened an expired sleeve of Nabisco Saltines, tasted one, and it was rancid and chemically tasting.

I hope I do not get sick.

I checked online and did not see where they were recalled.My UPC Code is: 4400000055.